Mr. Dov Moran
Managing Partner, Grove Ventures
Dov Moran is an Israeli entrepreneur and investor, best known as the inventor of the USB Flash Drive (USB Stick, or DiskOnKey).
Founded M-Systems in 1989 and led it till its acquisition by SanDisk for $1.6B at the end of 2006. From that time established several companies and invested in many successful start-ups in the fields of IoT, B2B Cloud platforms, big data and digital health.
Dov Moran is recognized globally and received many prestigious awards from major organizations and institutions:
- "Entrepreneur of the Year" by Ernst & Young
- "CEO of the Year" from the IMC
- In January 2013, was named "Doctor Honoris Causa” from Moscow State Technical University of Radio Engineering, Electronics and Automation
- In 2015, he has received the “IEEE Reynold B. Johnson Information Storage Systems” award
- In June 2016, he was given the title of “Honorary Doctor” from the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology.
Dov has recently established an early-stage fund called Grove Ventures. The fund invests in startups with hard-to-replicate technology in the areas of IoT, Cloud and Artificial intelligent.
Grove Ventures operates in a unique investment model, supporting the startups throughout their inception and growth; influencing their DNA and culture, helping them to define their way and stay focused on execution and scaling. Grove provides all the support needed to shape and build successful global businesses: capital, expertise, networks and a shared place for creative work.
In Sept 2016, with the vision of sharing his experience, Dov has published his first book called '100 Doors'. In his book he writes about innovation and entrepreneurship.
Dov has earned his BSc. at the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, and filed more than 40 patents and currently sits on the advisory board of Tel Aviv University Innovation Fund.